Guide for rebuilding and deploying package.

May 20, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Excellent project! We're trying to modify to support LinkedIn Company posts, but are having trouble rebuilding the package. Do you have any documentation or guides for redeploying the DLL once we've modified the source? We noticed the use of ILMerge, but aren't sure which assemblies are included.

Any feedback would be wonderful!
Coordinator
May 21, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Hi cbell

Great to hear you're attempting to add LinkedIn Company pages. Since we last looked at that, the LinkedIn Company Pages API still was not public yet.

Which uShare version are you using? The following is based on uShare 6.1.0:

1) By the sounds of it, your solution is building but then you cannot create the Umbraco package, right?

2) What are the errors you're getting when running Governor.Umbraco.uShare\BuildPackage\BuildPackage.cmd?

3) If BuildPackage.cmd runs successfully, it will create uShare_6.1.0.zip (package) in the BuildPackage folder.

4) Correct, it is using ILMerge to prevent any assembly version confusion, however depending on your Umbraco and other 3rd party components installed, this might not be necessary to have a single merged uShare assembly.

4.1) Looking in Governor.Umbraco.uShare\BuildPackage\BuildPackage.msbuild, in the <Target Name="MergeDlls" DependsOnTargets="Compile"> section, you'll see all the assemblies that are being merged into Governor.Umbraco.uShare.dll.

4.2) As far as I remember, you can either get the package to be built with the merged assembly (assuming you can fix your package build errors) or you can drop all these individual assemblies into your bin, replacing the merged Governor.Umbraco.uShare.dll. You'll then end up with all 7 assemblies. Again, hopefully this would'nt cause issues with other similar assemblies you might already have but of different versions. If you do it this way, you can just override your new assembly containing the Company pages.

I hope this helps or at least give you some hints as to the next steps.

Regards,
Rigardt
May 21, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Hi Rigardt,

We did in fact redeployed by simply copying the individual DLL files, but I appreciate the detailed reply so we can follow the same build process you originally intended.

We're following the LinkedIn guide http://developer.linkedin.com/creating-company-shares. Though we haven't successfully integrated with uShare yet, we were able to connect via apigee.com.

Are there any plans for updating uShare in the near future? It would be great to see more advanced connectivity to all three of the social media platforms, especially since you can post as individuals and/or companies on both LinkedIn and Facebook.

Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers,
Chris
Coordinator
May 21, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Edited May 21, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Hi Chris

Unfortunately at this stage I cannot say that we have any additional feature development scheduled in for uShare. However implementing LinkedIn Company pages would be the highest priority of things to add.

With the basic structure already in place, hopefully this wouldn't be hard to achieve if you do decide on doing this yourself.

Regards,
Rigardt